New Delhi [India], May 15 : India’s count of coronavirus cases crossed 80,000 on Friday increasing by 3,967 cases in the last 24 hours as the total recovery rate is 34.06 per cent.
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases stands at 81,970 with 2,649 deaths while there are 51,401 active coronavirus cases. Health Ministry said that 27,920 people have been cured.
The ministry said that 1,685 patients have been cured in the last 24 hours taking the total recovery rate at 34.06 per cent.
Maharashtra continues to account for the largest number of COVID-19 cases with the total count at 27,524. A total of 6,059 patients have been cured/discharged and 1,019 have died.
The GoM was informed that there are 30 municipal areas which are constituting 79 per cent of India’s caseload.
Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain on Friday said that the Delhi government has submitted its proposals to the Centre for the relaxations that people are expecting from the government for coronavirus lockdown 4.0.
The Supreme Court has refused to entertain a petition seeking directions for closure of liquor shops in the national capital claiming proper social distancing and other COVID-19 lockdown norms were not being maintained outside these shops.
Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said the state has written to the Cental Government urging it to extend the lockdown beyond May 18.
Here are the top COVID-19 related updates of the day:
1) The World Bank has approved USD one billion dollar package for India’s urban poor and migrant workers due to coronavirus crisis. It will leverage the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana to help protect the poor and vulnerable, said World Bank’s Country Director for India, Junaid Ahmad.
2) In Maharashtra, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has granted permission to Mumbai-based Islamic organisation, Raza Academy, to facilitate the burial of persons dying of coronavirus across Mumbai.
3) The national capital has not reported any deaths due to coronavirus in the last 24 hours but 425 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed. The total number of positive cases in Delhi is 8,895.
4) Forty-five more COVID-19 cases have been reported from Karnataka, taking the total number of cases in the state to 1,032, state Health Department said.
5) Border Security Force (BSF) has reported 11 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours. Thirteen BSF personnel have been discharged from the hospital after testing negative for the virus since Thursday.
6)Tamil Nadu government on Friday directed all government offices to function on a rotational basis starting May 18 with 50 per cent staff.
7) The total number of coronavirus cases in Rajasthan has gone up to 4,688 with 154 new cases.
8) Andhra Pradesh reported 57 more COVID-19 cases taking the total count to 2,157.
9) The total number of positive cases in Punjab has risen to 1,942 with seven new positive cases reported today, said Punjab Health Department.
10) Starting from just four trains on May 1, Indian Railways managed to Operationalise more than 1000 such Shramik Special trains in less 15 days. On May 14, a total of 145 Shramik Special trains were operationalized from various states carrying more than 2.10 lakh passengers back to their home states. Till now more than 12 lakh passengers have reached their home states by these trains.