UP boy dies after phone battery explodes on his face

Mirzapur, March 29 (IANS) A 12-year-old boy died after his mobile battery exploded on his face. The incident took place over the weekend in Matwar village under Halia police circle.

The tragic event took place when the he was testing the battery power after charging it with a ‘jugaad’ charger.

The class 6 student, identified as Monu, died on the spot when the battery exploded on his face leading to severe facial injuries.

Monu had put his mobile battery into a ‘jugaad’ charger. An hour later, he decided to check the power by touching it and the battery exploded immediately, ripping his face.

Hearing the blast, the family members rushed to his room and found him lying in a pool of blood. He was immediately taken to the primary health centre in Matwar where he was declared dead.

Later, Monu was cremated without his family informing the police.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.